Monday, March 10, 2008

What a Week!

Last week ended as it began on a very big high note. If you remember, Monday and Tuesday were one of my biggest 2-day stretches ever in cash games. This hot streak continued all week long, and by the end of Saturday, I was easily having my best week of cash games ever (about 80% above my previous best). On Sunday, I lost a little in cash games (but not much). However, the last tourney I played on the day satelitted me into the WSOP Main Event this summer along with $2,500 in spending cash. Thirty of the 617 players won entry. All in all, it was my second biggest week ever online (the best was when I got third in the Poker Stars Million last Spring).

In the satellite, I think I played one of my best tourneys ever as far as controlling risk and picking my spots well. In a seven hour tourney, I shoved allin and was called just once (at the 200/400 level by a nut when I had AK and he had KJ - he called a 5x shove there). I shoved allin over the top of someone 7 times (with AKs, 88, AJ -against nut, AQ, 33, and AQs and KK against different nut who was min-raising every hand near the bubble). The only other two big hands were when I called of 70% of my stack with AK at the 750/1500 level and won against AJ, and when I shoved allin for 75K w/ KK from the SB with 32 people against BB who had 50K. He snap called with AQ. I held and locked up a seat. Some of my preflop folds with between 40 and 50 people left were AK to an open and RR in front of me (RRer showed QQ), JJ to the same scenario, and AQ against big nut who basically min RR me. Rarely do I go through a tourney where there isn't a significant hand I truly wonder if I made the right play, but this was one of them.

Furthermore, yesterday Jason and Mandy both final tabled the UB Sunday 200K with Jason taking home the big prize for a sickening 3rd time in less than 1 1/2 years. I have officially started calling this tourney the UB 200Jay Guarantee. The only thing that could have made the day better was if Tom would have also qualified for the Main Event with me. He took a gross beat with 35 players left. A guy open shoved from the cutoff for about 15 BBs (I think), and Tom called with AA. Of course the shover's QTo sucked out to send Tom out on the bubble.

1 comment:

TheGraveWolf said...

Congrats dude! See you in a few months.

A Slice of Pi - Life Is Good

Chris Viox