Friday, October 17, 2008

The Magic Kingdom

Our first day down here was spent at the Magic Kingdom (which for those who don't know is the main park with the well known castle). My favorite ride/attraction was the 3-d movie (I can't recall the name of it). It was short but I have always been a sucker for the attractions like 3-d and ones where it feels like you are moving despite just sitting in your seat. This combined both, and is good for all ages except 2 year old boys who think they are tough, but are really not. In fact, my son liked the tamer roller coaster which was still pretty fast, but when it comes to anything involving the dark or loud noises, he becomes an instant scaredy-cat. I'm sure he will grow out of it, but between Six Flags and here we may have ruined him for life on anything involving a dark tunnel.

Ellie enjoyed pretty much everything. This even included Space Mountain which I thought would test her limits. I remember coming here as a kid probably about her age and pissing in my pants as I was about to get on the ride. To be honest it was so long ago, I can't recall if I actually did it or bailed at the last second. I do recall looking up into the blackness and hearing the screams though. Ironically as I rode it this time I was thinking, "if it wasn't almost dark in here, this would just be a middle of the road coaster." The pitch black idea though makes it fun.

Tomorrow will likely consist of Epcot and the Animal Kingdom or Hollywood Studios.

Day 1 lesson learned: Limit yourself to 6 hours at the park at a time when dealing with a 2 year old!

1 comment:

GnightMoon said...

Gosh darn those rides are so awesome. Space Mountain might be the best. Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Matterhorn, Indiana Jones all classics. Pirates of the Caribbean as well. Do they have all those in Disneyworld? I've only been to Disneyland.

A Slice of Pi - Life Is Good

Chris Viox