Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Tailspin

Since the beginning of February, I have basically lost money almost every single day I've played poker. I am still up on the year due to my one nice win, but what was once a great start to the year has turned into the SOS (same old .....) I've been struggling through for the better part of nine months or more. I wish I could get a grip on what I may be doing wrong, or if this is just one massive semi-cold streak. I haven't cashed in 24 straight tourneys. This comes right after my streak of 27 straight. Cash games haven't been any better.

For example, today I played four hours of PLO on 2 tables (2/4 and 3/6). I did not win one large pot the entire time. In fact, the largest pot I did win was a triple barrel bluff. I made a fair amount of moves and almost all of them worked, and yet at the end of the session I was down nearly $1500 because every single big pot got pushed to my opponent. It was one of the more frustrating sessions I've ever played due to the fact I felt I played really well and didn't land one big pot. Keep in mind this is PLO. Big pots happen very regularly. This is how it seems things have been going for a while. The problem is - is my objectivity objective enough. I keep feeling I must be doing something wrong even though it doesn't seem so to me. Any concrete help is very welcome.

2 comments:

TheGraveWolf said...

Hang in there Pi. It really can get disheartening to go on a cold streak like that. I'm mainly playing full ring these days - not sure if you dabble on those tables. If so, feel free to send some hand histories if you want an outside perspective. Good luck.

GnightMoon said...

How come we never hear about a Pi hot streak?

A Slice of Pi - Life Is Good

Chris Viox