Friday, October 12, 2007

Bread and Butter

I played some cash games for the first time this month (and actually for the first time since August). It was a mixture of Stud H/L and NLH 6 and 9-handed.

Did I mention I love the UB short handed NLH tables?

First hand at the table I get QQ in the BB. Some short stacker in the SB with just under $500 raises it to $75 (10/25 table), I decide to push instead of a "normal" raise to around $225. He thinks and finally calls. Unfortunately, an A and K came, and he showed (you guessed it) K8. Wait that hand didn't come to mind when he called a little over $400 more. However, that was about the only real moronic play that beat me over the course of 2 1/2 hours. I stacked 3 or 4 guys and netted almost 7K at the table (and about 5600 on the day).

After a month long ride on the tourney train, it was nice to play some deep stack cash game poker. It was even nicer to win some.

1 comment:

TheMasterJ said...

i played 10/25 on ubet last night. wow that game was supersoft. i didnt recognize any of the players. im pretty sure there was no regulars playing. i was up over 6k and there was some major fish on fulltilt 10/20. it looked like a bunch of random drunk friday fish. they were pretty tasty

A Slice of Pi - Life Is Good

Chris Viox