Sunday, November 16, 2008

FTOPS Over and Done

Another FTOPS is finished, and once again I have had a poor monetary series (which is all that matters). I didn't play the full slate of tournies this time due to other commitments, but I did manage 17 of the 25 events. I had 3 cashes (18%), and once again I got teased with a big finish only to come up short. I had a 26th in PLO, and a 40th in PLO8. Neither paid too much, and this has become a reoccuring theme for me in the FTOPS. I actually went back to look at all my FTOPS results because I am ranked 50th or so in their all-time rankings, but I feel like I have done very poorly in them.

I have 24 cashes; 16 of which qualify for their point system (top 72). However, my top 4 finishes are a 7th, a 17th, and two 26ths. THAT IS PATHETIC! Either I am doing something fundamentally wrong late in tournies, or I am just running like $%#$% at the wrong times.

This weekend I did have two final tables and another 15th in some $200 Pokerstars tournies. Unfortunately, they were small fields. I got the 15th in O8; I had a 6th in PLO8, and a 4th in Razz. These three finishes got me to about breakeven for the weekend in tournies.

Oh, and BTW please read the blog below on gold. I truly believe this is VERY important for anyone with a decent amount of assets.

1 comment:

Eugene said...

I don't think 7000 is that unrealistic at this pace.

A Slice of Pi - Life Is Good

Chris Viox