Sunday, February 1, 2009

A Good Start

Yesterday capped off my a very good month in poker when I placed 3rd in a $200 PLO tourney on Full Tilt for $5200. I really should have won this thing considering I had over 70% of the chips in play with 3 of us left, and the other two guys were fairly bad. However, PLO is still PLO and when you miss two wraps and get AA cracked twice a good thing can turn sour quickly. In the 50 MTT's I played during the month I had 4 second tables and 3 final tables (placing 1st, 3rd and 6th).

Cash games also went well for me. I have been focusing almost solely on PLO. Even though I am playing fairly low limits (2/4 to 5/10), I have been consistently making about 20 big bets an hour/table. I don't know how long this will continue, but I feel like the games are fairly easy and am completely in a comfort zone right now.

January of '09 was my 7th best month ever. More significantly though, it was my 2nd best month since the summer of '07. Interestingly, 6 of my top 10 months occurred in the magical year of '06 capped off by Paul's 2nd place finish in the big one. I doubt I will ever have a year like that again where everything went right from day 1 until day 365. I'm not saying I won't ever make more money in a year because there is some likelihood I will have a major score one day that eclipses that year all in one fell swoop.

In any case, I hope January is a harbinger for the year. The "Year of the Ox" is off to a good start.

2 comments:

GnightMoon said...

The caliber of competition was obviously a little different in 2006...what site are you playing PLO?

Chris Viox said...

That's a no-doubter.

A Slice of Pi - Life Is Good

Chris Viox