Monday, February 16, 2009

NCAA Bball

I've been thinking over the past couple days what the top 5 programs are historically in NCAA hoops. You can use whatever criteria you think are most important. However, this isn't a current list, but a historical list. My top five are:

1) Kansas
2) UCLA
3) North Carolina
4) Indiana
5) Kentucky

Ironically, I don't like any of these teams. There is a good chance I missed a team because I didn't look anything up. I just tried to think through the various conferences. Let me know what you think.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

UCLA should probably be number one on any historical list...Kentucky probably should be a little higher, and replace Indiana with Duke.

Chris Viox said...

I considered all of the points you brought up actually. My rationale on Kansas first was it all started there - Naismith, Phog Allen, etc.
Kentucky I almost put higher. 3, 4, 5 were toss ups for me. Duke would be in my 6-10, but they had never been good (that I recall)prior to Coach K showing up. So I felt their history just wasn't strong enough. They would def be #1 of the past 15-20 yrs.

GnightMoon said...

Kansas #1 is not right. Roy Williams left Kansas for UNC, remember. I'd probably put it like this:

1) Kentucky (they have the most wins all-time as well as the highest winning percentage)
2) North Carolina (second most wins and currently the #1 program)
3) Kansas
4) UCLA
5) Duke

TheGraveWolf said...

Yeah, I'm obviously biased but I lean towards the Moon list. DUKE DUKE!

Bag said...

1. Duke
2. Duke
3. Duke
4. Duke
5. Duke

A Slice of Pi - Life Is Good

Chris Viox