Wednesday, February 6, 2008

FTOPS VII

The FTOPS quarterly series starts today, and I have setup up some fun prop bets.

The first is with Jason (TheMasterJ33), Tom (Gnightmoon), Nick (BlueFlare - I think), and Toph (gcnmoo). We each get to select 10 events to count towards the bet. We are using Pocket 5's point scoring system. The winner gets his main event paid for ($530 value) by the losers plus 10% of each of the loser's main event. As of now the events I am looking at playing are:

Event #2 $240 PLO Bounty
Event #3 $500 HORSE
Event #4 $200 PLH
Event #6 $500 PLO 6 max
Event #7 $100 NLH w/ RBs
Event #9 $300 NLH
Event #13 $200 PLHO (half PLO half PLH)
Event #14 $300 Razz
Event #17 $2500 NLH
Event #18 $100 PLO w/ RBs

My other bet is a team competition on Pocket 5s. It is a 3 person contest (5K per team) using a point system described on Pocket 5s. TheMasterJ33, Gnightmoon, and I have joined forces. Each team uses the top 8 scores from each player to form the team's overall point total. I really like our chances in this format because Jason and I will be playing virtually every tourney, and we both have well rounded games for such an endeavor. Moon likely won't be playing quite as much (14-16 events), but he is very strong in the Holdem tourneys and much stronger than the field in PLO tourneys (of which the FTOPS has 4 events this time around). So far 4 teams have signed up, but I expect as many as 10 will end up doing it. The other teams are - the_Dean221, holla-athca-boy, and dapalma150 - USCphildo, ghettofabulous, and bhanks11 - cmoney3, AJKhoosier1, and buttsauce33. Only the first team has anyone on the alltime FTOPS leaderboard (top 250). They have two guys. However, J, Moon, and I are all on it, with J ranked 2nd. This would be some nice bragging rights for us if we could nail this one down.

I am really looking forward to this series. My personal goals are 5 cashes with 1 final table. I'll try to keep some running updates on how these two contests are going.

No comments:

A Slice of Pi - Life Is Good

Chris Viox