Monday, February 18, 2008

House of Pain pwns!!!!

The final two days of the FTOPS were fairly similar to the first ten days: alot of deep runs without any big cashes. The House of Pain Team, Jason, Tom and I, kept putting ourselves in positions to go really deep, but whether it was a crucial mistake, a cooler, or a bad beat, we never had a big score. However, 12 cashes in the 20 events isn't too shabby. In fact, it was more than enough to take down the Pocket 5's contest. Even though some teams had a top ten finish, none came close to our 12 cashes. The second place team had the next most cashes with 8. Furthermore, out of the 18 players in the contest, Jason finished with the 6th best score despite running ridiculously bad for most of the series in my opinion. Tom had the 3rd best score and threw in 4 cashes. I finished with the 2nd best score and five cashes. These five cashes matched the goal I had set for myself at the beginning of the series. However, I did not reach any final table (highest place was 33rd) which was slightly disappionting. Similar to Tom, I dropped just under $4200 during the FTOPS because of the lack of the big score, but with this contest win, I was able to net a little cash for the series.

This win was particularly satisfying because I feel all 3 of us are top-notch tournament players despite being fairly unknown because we mainly focus on cash games. Jason is a fabulous tournament player on the cusp of something huge. Whenever he brings his "A" game he is devastating to opponents, and while Tom and I play a completely different style than Jason, our results have been very strong. I would love to try for a repeat in the next FTOPS Series with these two.

Final Standings:

House of Pain: 2151.64
Team Stu: 2032.70 (interestingly at the start of the contest I set a goal of 2040 pts to win this)
Team Dean: 1968.94
Team AJK: 1955.44
Team USC: 1909.76
Team Intervention: 1535.93

In the other contest, Toph rode a deep run in Friday's 6-handed NLH tourney to the win. We could only pick 10 events (so if you didn't pick the events you used well, it hurt). The final standings were:

Toph 150.42
Nick 119.6
Chris 93.25
Jason 73.39
Tom 68.87

No comments:

A Slice of Pi - Life Is Good

Chris Viox