Friday, June 19, 2009

A Start, But Not Much Else

I played the $560 PLO at the Venetian the last 2 days. My low risk limping style was working beautifully, and for the most part I was playing perfectly. I had doubled up 2 or 3 times and busted 3 or 4 players, and the worst I had gotten it in the entire time was as a 60/40 favorite. Given that I had played 5-7 allin pots in PLO without being even in a coin flip situation is pretty amazing. Furthermore, I was sitting on 405k with 12 left (probably in 4th place or so) and had never really been a short stack. The bustout hand went down as follows. Six handed the UTG player raised to 45K at 8k/16k. He had never gotten out of line, and given the position of the raise I was fairly confident he had KK or AA. I called in the BB with (34d)25. The flop came (T4s)3. I led for 60K and he thought for a bit before potting it effectively putting me allin. I went with it virtually assured he had AxsAx, and knowing I was basically flipping depending on his other two cards. I knew his AA weren't immediate outs because of my straight draw. Sure enough he turned over AJsAJh. I was a 53% favorite, but the 8s hit the river. Moral of the story - avoid coin flips in PLO (just joking).

The cash was for a fairly meaningless $1586 due to the ridiculously top heavy structure employed by the Venetian. I really think if I won the hand I would have been about 3 to 1 to win it. As it was, I got my first cash for the trip. A few more to come hopefully.

1 comment:

GnightMoon said...

Good run Pi, those flips will eventually go your way if you believe they will.

A Slice of Pi - Life Is Good

Chris Viox