Monday, May 17, 2010

Online Review

Over the past 2 weeks, I have been immersed in online poker whenever I could be due to two online poker series running concurrently (SCOOP on Pokerstars and Mini FTOPS on Full Tilt).  I'm not sure how I feel yet about my results.  I did turn a little profit which is always nice.  However, I really felt like I was on top of my game for the vast majority of time, and I thought I ran below expectations to only turn a small profit.  This is obviously disappointing, but with the WSOP just around the corner, I am very encouraged with my game.

Here are some of the numbers:

Cashed in 5/23 SCOOP-Lows, 5/20 SCOOP-Mediums, 0/1 SCOOP High, 3/9 Mini FTOPS.
In total I cashed in 13 of the 53 events I played (just under 25%).

Most importantly though is some of the deep finishes:
2nd of 697 in Pot Limit 5 Card Draw
37th of 8504 in No Limit Shootout
43rd of 2004 in 8 Game Mixed
54th of 2041 in Pot Limit Omaha H/L
35th of 687 in Pot Limit Omaha H/L

This is what has me encouraged and disappointed at the same time.  Five deep runs in 53 tournaments is outstanding.  But I have to turn more of these deep runs into big scores otherwise it doesn't mean too much.  The WSOP is the perfect venue for me to breakout.  If I can keep playing this way, and catch just a bit of luck, I will come home a big winner this summer.

4 comments:

GnightMoon said...

I would play as many mixed games as possible at the WSOP.

Unknown said...

I would play as many tournaments as possible. Your play and strategy have slightly changed, but the results are obvious. With your edge in live play, I think you just need to get after it. Stay healthy. Start eating well. Maybe, start working out. Try to go all out in order to get the best results possible.

GnightMoon said...

I plan on working out every day before play. I assume MasterJ and maybe Seth will be coming along. I will also be eating very well, and by "well" I mean "a ton", not necessarily healthy. Anyways, I am really looking forward to both endeavors and would encourage you to join.

donnie said...

i would also go for as many mixed games as possible. 25% on the scoop sounds like a nice take- taking into account from what ive read on other blog sites and my own experience :|.

A Slice of Pi - Life Is Good

Chris Viox