Saturday, November 10, 2007

Day 2 Indiana Main Event

600/1200 ante 200 56,700

Seat 1 an unknown coming in 87K
Seat 2 old guy moon said took a lot of risky chances and weird plays 27K (then super tight guy)
Seat 3 Me 57K
Seat 4 Terry - on my left entire day one on 3rd table, fairly straight forward rarely RR pre 85K
Seat 5 standard tight old guy who could snap if kept getting picked on 68K
Seat 6 Toph - easily most dangerous guy to me if gets a hold of chips 38K
Seat 7 Hammer - have described in previous posts often (basic bludgeoner) 71K
Seat 8 Stammdogg of online fame - expect him to be fairly willing to move his short stack 26K
Seat 9 fairly standard unimaginative tight player 21K

Things start off with a bang with toph eliminating seat 2 on the first hand when the guy CRs toph w/ an open ender on an A high flop. Toph's AK holds up

1) SB AK (3rd hand of the day), folds to me I raise to 4K, BB goes allin fairly quickly having me covered. I played with him a lot on day 1 and he had RR once the entire time I could remember with JJ to my UTG raise and he raised it big. I think most guys call here fairly quickly, but I folded after a minute or two tank. I folded for a couple reasons: 1 - after playing with him I felt his range was any pair as low as 66 or 77 maybe and AK maybe AQ. This was my actual range for him here. I put 99 TT JJ and AK as the most likely hands. If I put a 10% chance of some other hands, I still think my overall equity isn't much better than 51-54%. This leads to my second reason: 2 - In this field I was not willing to flip for such a large amount at this point only getting 1.2 to 1. The field was so bad I felt I could easily find much better opportunities. It was pointed out that if I doubled I could really use the chips to my advantage. I considered that in my thoughts, but I had to weigh the risk vs reward. I felt it just wasn't worth it. If the guy was telling the truth, he had A9. I obviously estimated his range too conservatively, but based on the info I had of him, i thought it was a fair guess and the right play for me given the guess. (52K)
2) UTG AT, I raise to 3200 (basically a steal of the two tightest blinds), Toph RRs to 11K. all folds. This hand was so wrong. I gave Toph the scouting report of the two guys so he knew how tight they were and that I would likely raise lighter here. Toph had 87. Well played Toph see if I help you again : ) 47K

800/1600 200 ante

1) CO KTd, I raise to 4K (Tophs BB) all fold
2) 2nd 88, I raise to 4K all fold
3) SB 77, CO limps (seat 1), I complete
KK9, check @
8, I bet 2500 all fold 49K
Toph doubles up to 160K on monster pot with KK vs 55 on a 7664 board. I fold for more than a round.
4) CO 42, I raise to 4200 (Tophs BB) all fold
5) 2nd J3, I raise to 4K (hammer and stammdogg blinds) I hadn't raised either of their blinds in over a level because I thought they would be very difficult. However stamm had been surprisingly patient and I thought this was a good time for it on the last hand of the level. All fold.

I end the level with 48K in chips after starting it with 47K. I had no hands, but won all 5 I played. It is very close to the bubble now.

1K/2K 300 ante

I fold the first 3 hands and hand for hand begins with me at 44K.

1) (1st H4H) BUT 75s, I raise to 5200 (tough to steal blinds but I had given them walks twice already) they fold (49K)
2) (next hand) CO 88, I raise to 5200 all fold (54K)

Hand for hand done after 2 hands. We redraw:

Seat 1: Vito, plays bigger hands hard, plays weak hands weak - big stack
Seat 2: Terry - avg stack
Seat 3: Toph - very big stack
Seat 4: Nut job from day 1 3rd table seat 2, I am looking to win a big one off him but he is short
Seat 5: Asian who had chip lead for part of day 1 before losing a bunch of questionable hands
Seat 6: old unknown guy, later find out he wont fold to a raise often pre if he has entered - avg
Seat 7: me
Seat 8: fairly tight raiser but semi loose caller pre - avg stack
Seat 9: Matt Sterling - very good player I have played with a ton live - big stack

3) BUT 99, CO raises to 5K (I see one of his cards and it appears to be a 7 or 8), I RR to 15K he calls, we both have similar stacks (33K me vs 35K him left)
T32, he leads for 6K, given that he presumably has a 7 or 8 this is an easy push for 33K, he asks for a count at which point he calls pretty quickly. I am actually scared he had T8s or T7s. I asked i f he had a T. He said no, so I obviously assumed 77 or 88, but no he turns over A7d. This would would be high on my countdown list, but the countdown list only has hands I am not involved in. The board comes 7 9 and I double. He is crippled with only 2K and is knocked out the next hand. (102K)
4) UTG JTs, I raise to 5200 all fold
5) SB JTs, in 2nd Terry raises to 6900, I make a semi loose call but we are both deep
Q85, check check
3, I bet 9K, he raises to 20K, I fold and he shows TT (I almost made a min RR because I thought he was weak, but I pussed out) (83K)
6) BB AQ, UTG Matt raises to 5100, Terry calls, I just call - debated a decent RR
(53c)2, check Matt bets 9K, Terry goes allin for @50K, I was considering making a move before Terry shoved and I actually thought I was beating Terry here, but there was nothing I could do now, I fold Matt tanks but finally call with 99, Terry shows AT and gets knocked out
7) (next hand) SB T8, UTG Vito limps, nut limps, I complete
(K8s)2, check check Vito bets 4K I call
5 check check
8 I bet 15K (almost pot) knowing Vito wont fold a K and maybe something less putting me on a missed flush, he called saying "I think you have me." I did. (108K)
We are 6 or 7 handed now
8) 2nd 94, I raise to 5200, Matt and Nut call
(T9h)7, checks @
T checks @ (I thought about a bet here feeling very comfortable about my hand, but thought either might make a move which isn't awful for me I guess. However I thought Matt could have a QT or something that he may have peeled one off on the flop.)
6h checks @, I win but have to show my 94 (120K)
9) (next hand) UTG KK, I raise to 5200, Toph calls, nut raises to 15K, I think for a while before shoving allin. I am fairly sure nut will make some weak calls here because of the previous hand and his history of doing so. I have been waiting for this opportunity, and I just hope he hasn't woken up with AA. In fact, I really didn't want to even see an A. Toph folded, and the nut called allin pretty quickly for his last 55K. He shows AJh. The board runs out AQJ57 and he wins the 150K pot leaving me at 49500 going into the next level.

1500/3000 400 ante (6 handed)

1) 1st hand BB 3(3h) - in 2nd Vito min raises to 6K, I call
(T64h), check check (I think he semibluffs a heart here)
9h check check
Kh I bet 10K, he folds saying it looks like a bet for value (57K)
2) UTG QJ, I raise to 8K, the (Asain) BB shoves in for 24K, I call and he flips over 55. I win this important small flip when the board comes J8262 (84K)
3) 2nd A5 - may be my worst hand of tourney, nut limps, I limp, Matt limps, and both blinds
J53 - Vito bets out the min 3K, only I call
3 - Vito bets 6K, I call weakly not knowing where I am but not thinking he is capable of triple barreling
4 - Vito bets 15K I fold (nice siphon)
4) UTG J9d - I raise to 8K, nut calls in BB
J94, check a bet 10K, he instafolds (damn) (78K)
5) CO A7, Toph UTG raises to 8K, I RR to 24K (I don't think he will shove light b/c I look pot commited, he folds after a short tank (89K)
6) UTG QJ, I raise to 8K all fold (96K)
7) SB A8, I shove the tight BB allin for 35K
8) BB 76s, Matt UTG raises to 7500, Toph SB and me call.
(95h)3, check to Toph on button, he makes it 20K, even though I have the sneaky double gutty, the price isn't good given that Toph could be betting a flush draw here and it would be an even thinner draw. A raise is no better b/c I dont have a ton of fold equity. I fold Matt calls. (the turn was an offsuit 8, toph took it down but he did have AJh) (87K)
9) BUT A9d - I raise to 8K, tighty calls in SB
KT8 he shoves for 31K, I fold and he shows KJ - well played
10) 2nd A2, I raise to 8K and all fold

I end the level at 69000, with 11 people left. We have 5 at our table and 6 at the other.

2000/4000 500 ante

UTG A9, I raise to 10.5K, Toph RR to 35K, I begin the longest tank of my life. What happens during my tank: 1) we lose 11th place guy 2) we lose 10th place guy 3) mandys flight takes off and lands 4) Bush's approval rating drops 3 more points 5) the satellite lady at indiana says "who's interested in a $100 satelitte....." 100 times. I really do tank for about 10 minutes or more. During that time Toph and I talk back in forth alot. I finally decide he isn't too proud of his hand, and it seems like he has an A. I wont go into the exact conversation that gets me to this point, but he knows I am holding a "decent" ace. I put his most likely hands in the A7 - A9 range. I accidently just call, but we get it in dark preflop anyways. We both have A9, but I flop a backdoor flush draw to no avail. With the two eliminations at the other table, we are down to the final table and done for the day. I have 67,500, and sit in 7th place. I was very happy with my play during the day. I could easily have been over 200K with the KK hand, but it wasn't meant to be.

On with the countdown:

In at #6) This hand occurred with 19 left (right on the bubble). It wasn't at my table, but I caught some of the action - the vital part. Essentially on a 865 flop, a guy had shoved allin for at least 60K into a 12K - 15K pot with A6 only to be called by a big stack who had 98. The A6 got no help and bubbled after starting the hand just under average. The classic high risk, low reward play seen from bad players nonstop in Indiana

In at #5) First hand at the final table - Vito min raised to 8K, 2nd pos shoves for 35K I think, Carlos Uz calls and Vito calls citing pot odds. T63 flop, check check. A turn, check Carlos bets Vito out of the pot and turns over AK. Vito folded KTc after screwing up slightly by not betting the flop. The shover had 98 getting barely any fold equity to a UTG raise. He didn't get bailed out with the gutter ball and was gone in 9th.

No comments:

A Slice of Pi - Life Is Good

Chris Viox