Wednesday, November 28, 2007

My Commitment to Improvement (With Your Help)

I have a bad habit associated with poker, and it gets worse as my level of desire to succeed increases - I tend to bitch/whine when things don't go my way. All my poker friends already know this, and I have no good reason for doing it considering my overall results for over three years are well more than adequate. I don't do it often, but during big series (whether online or live) or if I have set specific short-term goals for myself, it tends to come out. When I want something badly and I don't get it, I get pretty pissed due to my competitiveness. Some people need to scream, some want to hit something, others get depressed and quiet. I bitch. I usually only do it for about 10 to 20 minutes and then I feel better, but I still do it, and there is no reason I shouldn't try to get better about it. With that in mind, if I am bitching to you about my bad luck or whatever, just tell me "Life is Good." That phrase can be your way of shutting me up without having to feel that you are being an ass about it. It is an easy way for me to realize where I'm at in poker and in life, and that I just need to get over this small set back.

3 comments:

GnightMoon said...

Excellent news.

Chris Viox said...

lol, I knew you would appreciate it the most.

Kwicky said...

Code words are great. I'm trying to talk my gf into a code for "let's sneak off from this dull party and shag like wild apes." Beating my chest and grunting hasn't worked yet.

Oh and obviously this is Truman. Not sure how to post on here except as Kwicky, which is also fun.

A Slice of Pi - Life Is Good

Chris Viox