Wednesday, August 6, 2008

FTOPS and the Summer Olympics

While the FTOPS is run 4 times every 1 year, the summer olympics are run 1 time every 4 years. I love the olympics despite the constant doping allegations and the prima donna pro atheletes that are now allowed in in many of the sports. It usually brings out the best in athletics. Some of the biggest names at the end of these few weeks are no names as we speak today. I plan on watching ALOT of the ridiculous amount of coverage spread over NBC, CNBC, MSNBC, USA, Oxygen, plus some others I'm sure I'm forgetting. My only disappointment is that curling only goes on during the winter olympics.

Now on to the FTOPS (which starts tonight)

This FTOPS has 25 events spread out over the next twelve days. I was hoping to get together a team for Pocket 5's contest like before, but Moon and J do not think they are going to be able to play enough events this time around. Unless I scrape together two guys (I am still working on it), it looks like it won't happen. I am still looking forward to this nonetheless. Here are my over/unders for the series:

Events I play: 24
Cashes: 4
Final Tables: 0.5
FTOPS All-time Leaderboard Ranking: 40th (I currently sit in 51st going into the series with
396 pts - 40th has 432 for perspective)

1 comment:

TheGraveWolf said...

The Olympics are great! So excited. And Curling is obviously the best Olympic sport there is - two more years. :(

ps - good luck in the FTOPS

A Slice of Pi - Life Is Good

Chris Viox