Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Bubble Burst

I went into yesterday with some (unjustly?) high hopes. I know I was short in day 2 of Sunday's event, but I felt with one double up I could have gotten right back into it, and the other two tourney's of the day were two of my favorites.

Needless to say, I didn't see a hand in the day 2 tourney for about 25 straight to start the day. I came over the top once and bought a pot. Then I reshipped AT against a late position raiser and got called by ..... AT. We chopped. Then I got 99 in middle position thinking there is no way I can't be shipping this for my 12 or so BBs, but the 2nd pos guy or somewhat short stack opens (I'm still going with it). Then the next guy on a similar stack reraises 2.5x and about 25% of his stack. Now maybe I'm being nitty folding on my stack size with a fairly premium hand, but I can't figure I'm in good shape here very often. The second guy likely has me, and the first may even though I was willing to risk it against him. Anyway, I go another round without a hand before picking up 54h (this is how ugly they've been, 54 looked pretty sweet) in MP with 8 BBs. I ship and get called by the BB's AK. I finished 54th.

This wasn't the end of the disappointing day. I proceeded to bubble the other two events - 391st in the PLO (360 paid), and 182nd in the Mixed Game (168 paid). In the latter tourney I was among the chip leaders about half-way through before going cold. I also felt in it I gave some chips away with some loose play. This bothered me as much as anything because my whole strategy in this tourney was to sit back and let everyone else make mistakes. Hardly anyone in the tourney knew how to play all 8 games well (or likely even 4 well).

Time to forget about yesterday. I still have 3 cashes in 7 events for about +$5000. There are, however, some very expensive tourneys coming up. My anticipated remaining outlay is still about 19-20K. Today's two events are NLH 4-max (which should be just a crazy tourney) and Razz. Obviously I like my chances in Razz.

No comments:

A Slice of Pi - Life Is Good

Chris Viox