Saturday, September 13, 2008

WCOOP Update

I cashed in both events today for a small profit (again). I now have 6 cashes in the 17 events I've played. This already is almost to my goal of 7 cashes. However, I am no where near my goal of assuring a profitable series because I keep failing to get real deep. Here is a run-down of my cashes:



Event #2: 5 Card Draw - 93rd of 1024
Event #4: Limit Holdem - 91st of 2258
Event #5: No Limit Holdem - 54th of 7351
Event #14: Stud - 74th of 627
Event #17: Pot Limit Holdem 6 Max - 99th of 960
Event #18: HORSE - 102nd of 2091


I've netted about 4k on these events (not counting satellites - I haven't looked at these to see if I'm up or down), but I still have roughly 14k in entry fees left for the series. I feel like I keep putting myself in good positions, but the cards aren't falling right at crucial times. Hopefully, a big break through is right around the corner. I would like to cite the "due factor."

2 comments:

GnightMoon said...

Might have to start thinking about taking some chances to get a hold of a big stack late in tournaments. This is obviously not my strong suit and experimenting with this could end up doing more harm than good, but it really seems like you have too short of a stack to make a run more often than not late in a tournament.

Chris Viox said...

I've considered that as a possibility. However, in the last 4 of these cashes (can't remember the details of the first two) I had average to well above average stacks in the money before I either took a/some chance(s) that failed or got coolered/bad beat. In the 2-day event I took many chances (some worked some didn't) before going absolutely ice cold near the end. At one point though I was in 3rd place w/ around 150 left. In the stud I got crippled when I had a 4-flush and trips run into a made straight in a monster pot. In the PLH I took a (stupid?) chance with AJ and ran into QQ, and in the HORSE I ran AJ and AQ into AK in a 5 minute span to busto from an above avg stack. I know this is a very small sample size, but I just feel it's one of those things where the cards just aren't falling right. I think my weakness, online at least, is WHEN to take my chances. I'm sure I could still use a MasterJ lesson or two in accumulating chips.

A Slice of Pi - Life Is Good

Chris Viox