Monday, September 8, 2008

Weekend at the WCOOP

Overall it went pretty well, and it has the potential to be great if I can get hot.

On Saturday, I cashed in the LH event in 91st out of 2258. It was alot of work for not too much cash, but it's better than nothing. I also was one of the first out in the 2 to 7 Triple Draw. All I can say about that is that I kept getting good hands beat by better ones, and in no time I was gone.

In bigger news, I am still alive in the Sunday $500 2-day event. 7351 entered it, and with 72 left, I am sitting in 64th. I've locked up $5500 so far, and I've cashed in 3 of my 5 events so far. I have 450K in chips with the average around 1 million, and the blinds will start at 12.5K/25K with a 2500 ante. So with 18 BBs, I will have to pick my spots well and hope for an early double up. I am really pumped about this one because within the first hour, I fell to about 2300 from 10K starting stack. I grinded it for about 2 hours before I even got above 5k. I never had over 15bbs between level 3 and 5. Then I hit a decent rush combined with some big calls and bluffs. I've run pretty good, but not great. I've had 2 big pot suckouts (although only one for my life), and I've lost 2 huge pots w/ QQ vs AK.

Anyway, I need some sleep. It starts back up tomorrow at 3:30 cst. I also have the PLO 6-max and the 8 game mixed tourney. So it will be a very busy day hopefully.

No comments:

A Slice of Pi - Life Is Good

Chris Viox