Thursday, September 4, 2008

WCOOP

Friday starts the best online series of the year, the WCOOP on Pokerstars. It is the biggest, longest, and best structured series anywhere on the net. It lasts 17 days, and has 33 events (including 3 10k+ events - which I likely won't be playing). However, I do plan on playing most, if not all, of the other 30 events.

Jason and I are still looking for a third for a pocket 5's contest. I'm not sure if we will find one we like by tomorrow afternoon. As a result, I may get in the individual contest instead. I would rather do the team one though.

I have some tough goals for the series.

1) Play in at least 28 events as well as most of the 2nd chance events
2) Cash 7 times (not counting 2nd chance tourneys) and be profitable
3) Make a final table

#1 should be easy for me to get barring outside issues.
#2 will be somewhat difficult, but I think with these structures, I have about a 33% chance (last year I had 5 cashes in something like 25 events.).
#3 is also in the 33% neighborhood I think.

1 comment:

Eugene said...

Good luck Chris,

I'd love to join your team but unfortunately my volume will be a third of yours.

A Slice of Pi - Life Is Good

Chris Viox