Friday, May 30, 2008

The 2008 WSOP

The WSOP starts today. Unfortunately, mine only starts tomorrow as I will not be partaking in today's 10K PL Holdem event even though I consider PLH one of my strongest events. I simply only have so much money I am willing to spend, and a loaded field for 10k just doesn't cut it for me right out of the gates. Hopefully, I will get a big score early on that will allow me to play some of the bigger events I'd like to play.

The following is a list of minimum goals for my series:

Events: 18
Cashes: 4 for at least 60K (to cover my trip expenses and have a little profit)
Final Tables: 1

Furthermore, I want to stay focused and have fun. Last year, I went 0 for the series until the Main Event. I was very down and not enthused about much. I don't see that happening this year for a couple reasons: 1) I learned from last year. I am not taking the WSOP for granted. Last year I don't think I got pumped up enough. 2) Staying in this house with a bunch of pros should keep the time here very fun and entertaining.

I fully expect at least 20 cashes and 3 final tables from our house. While the odds of a bracelet IMO are about 1 in 4, I still think one or two people will have a great shot. Two years ago, when we had the first "House of Pain", Jason had a 6th place, I had a 3rd place and Paul had the memorable 2nd place Main Event finish. This year's house is far more experienced.

Shuffle up and deal!

No comments:

A Slice of Pi - Life Is Good

Chris Viox