Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Leg one of the Vegas Drive

I arrived in Boulder Colorado about 12 hours after leaving Glen Carbon yesterday evening. Originally I was going to call this blog "Stairway to Heaven." I was going to provide some pictures of my drive, and show you how beautiful Boulder is while the rest of the drive sucked. However, a couple things ruined that plan. First, while I did take some pics, I left the cord to transfer them to my computer at home. Secondly, apparently I brought St. Louis 2008 weather with me. Anyone who lives there knows I mean rain. As I approached, Boulder the cloud cover was so low, I never could see anything off in the distance. As a result, I have yet to see a mountain despite being a mile above sea level. So while this may be heaven visually, I am unable to tell you yet. I can tell you the journey from central Kansas right up to the outskirts of Denver is pretty BORING. The only thing that changes for over 400 miles is the color of the landscape. While Kansas is green, Colorado gets a little less rain and has a browner tint to it. Nonetheless, it is simply a very slow raising plain. Furthermore, I saw sunlight for maybe an hour. Otherwise it was overcast, misty, and dreary.

On a good note, over half the trip is done, and the second half should be beautiful. The WSOP starts on Friday, and I am super excited and looking for big things to happen. I will hopefully write more on this after I get to Vegas on Thursday. Moon and I will be leaving on the 2nd leg of the trip early this afternoon.

No comments:

A Slice of Pi - Life Is Good

Chris Viox