Sunday, July 12, 2009

377th

Out early today. I played only two hands. My bustout occurred with JJ vs AK aipf. Amazingly, it was only my 3rd allin pot of the whole tourney, and my first with me at risk. Not so amazingly, I lost the flip. The only day I wish I could play over again was day 4. I messed up two or three hands that day that put me behind the 8 ball coming into today.

To say this series was a disappointment would be a large understatement. I felt I played very well for the most part (although I did botch some hands as would be expected with the amount of poker I played). However, the allins just hammered me. I ran so far below expectation that it was hard to ever get a stack unless my timing on bluffs was phenomenal. This is basically how I went so far in the Main Event - a couple big hands, and tons of small to medium pots taken down with cbets and creative bluffs.

I basically broke even on the trip in poker including online action. Considering I was down almost 30k at one point, that could be considered a small victory. I fly home tomorrow, and I can't wait to see my family. Also, a good shave might do me wonders (the facial hair is out of control).

Good Luck to Mr. Joel Patchell! He is currently sporting a large stack, and I would love to see him make some major waves in this tourney.

No comments:

A Slice of Pi - Life Is Good

Chris Viox