Sunday, August 12, 2007

Oops!

I was going to post some hands from my tourneys yesterday, but on my new computer I forgot to activate the autosave hand histories for Full Tilt and Stars. As a result, there are none to show. I will tell you I played 4 tournies yesterday (2 satellites, and 2 FTOPS). I satellited into the $500 PLO 6-handed yesterday by winning a single table sattellite that I owned. However, in the actual FTOPS event everything went wrong. I got seated w/ Lee Watkinson, Eddie Scharf (both of whom have final tabled the 10K PLO event at the WSOP in the last 3 years, w/ Lee winning it once), and The_Dean221 (a fairly highly ranked internet player). This was a killer table to start out at. I have some really good results in PLO myself: A 3rd place finish at the WSOP Circuit RB event in Indiana, and a win in the UB $200 RB event last December celebrating Hellmuth's 10th bracelet. I kept flopping straights (which aren't that strong in Omaha. I kept the pots small, but everytime a flush got there by river. I kept folding as a result. I had Q high flush versus A high flush heads up, and on the last hand (I was very short-stacked), I flopped two pair versus A's w/ a flush draw. Incidently, I was gone w/in 45 minutes.

I then played the $100NLH RB FTOPS. I was in for $700 after a fairly ugly first hour, but I got on fire in the 2nd hour. Then lost a couple coin flips to get short-stacked. I pushed in EP w/ T9s at the 400/800 100 ante level for 9500 and ran into KK. This was too big of a push, so I just should have folded it. It was a mistake that resulted in me getting knocked out. I had played fairly well up to the point, but you can't make those mistakes. I was in a super-satellite at the same time for the FTOPS main event, and fortunately I made it through that for a seat.

On a side note, Joel aka gamblegambel cashed again in the FTOPS RB event barely. He has played very well of recent in tournaments, and I foresee a big breakthrough shortly for him. TheMasterJ also made a good run in the RB. He finished 41st, but easily could have made a run at victory if it wasn't for his AA getting cracked by QJs for a monster pot to get knocked out.

Today I went to Harry Potter w/ my daughter. It was a little dark for her, but she still enjoyed it, and now I am beginning play in the Million. Later I will again do battle in the $300 NLH FTOPS event.

No comments:

A Slice of Pi - Life Is Good

Chris Viox