Saturday, September 22, 2007

Catch 22

I probably picked a bad month to try for the top ten of Pocket Fives for this sole reason: the WCOOP. I actually thought coming in that the WCOOP would be a good thing for the goal. It is my favorite series of the year online by far, and as a result, my focus is almost solely on it. The events all start at 2 or 3:30 my time. This is the dead time of the day for the other tournaments I was using to try to accumulate points. The peak time begins at 6 and ends at about 10. However, when it gets to that time of day, I am either fairly deep in a WCOOP event (in which case I do not want other tourneys to distract me), or I have been knocked out of the event (in which case I am not in the mood to really play something else). This has meant I have played far fewer events than needed for the past week to have a chance of achieving my goal. I am not upset by this. I would rather do well in the tourneys I do play. However, my goal seems very much of a long shot at this point. Before the WCOOP started, I had risen to around 22nd in the standings, but I have dropped down a lot since then. On a good note, I have cashed in 3 of the 11 WCOOPs so far. My goal was at least 5 for the series (out of a planned 20 or so events).

So that's where I stand. Maybe something will change in the upcoming week, but it won't be my focus on the WCOOP, and that's fine by me.

2 comments:

. said...

gogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogo

. said...

also, put up some links to my blog and others... it's just common courtesy

A Slice of Pi - Life Is Good

Chris Viox