Thursday, September 27, 2007

Swimming with the Penguins

I may be enduring the coldest stretch of tournament poker in my life. There have been a ton of coolers. My 80/20s seem like 2 to 1 favorites. When I have a guy dominated, they seem like coin flips, and when I have a coin flip, it feels like I am dominated. When I am behind - fahgedaboudit. I only have one or two suckouts when allin in the past few days. I feel like I am playing extremely well however. I keep building up large stacks without risking large portions of my stack. My bluffs are rarely getting called even the dangerous ones, and my value bets are getting paid off. The big pre allins mid-to-late in tourneys are just killing me. Unfortunately they are unavoidable as tourneys get deeper and stacks get shorter. Don't get me wrong, I have definitely made some errors. Yet, I have only regretted a few of my decisions in the last 10 days.

It's a weird feeling when you are extremely confident in your game, and nothing is going your way. I don't think this stretch has affected my decision making. My brother has watched a few of my tourneys, and he thinks I am playing well. In his words, he "would have thrown his computer through a wall" seeing the beats I have been repeatedly taking.

Despite this I cannot help but think a big score is just around the corner. In the immortal words of David Farragut: "Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!"

2 comments:

GnightMoon said...

Rough waters make the strongest sailors right? Strongest ships? Something like that.

TheGraveWolf said...

I would love to rip on your post title but cannot as I would feel bad considering your recent run of bad luck.

A Slice of Pi - Life Is Good

Chris Viox