Sunday, September 16, 2007

So close

WCOOP #3 $215 PLO 6-Handed 22nd of 1818
WCOOP #4 $215 2 to 7 25th of 649
2nd chance $215 PLO 6-Handed 17th of 228

In both WCOOPs I was in the top ten with less than 100 left. In yesterday's blog I said I felt good about both of these events. I just wish I could have finished one of them off.

I went very card dead in the PLO for a long stretch after being a large stack for most of the tourney. I still had a large amount of chips relative to the blinds when the bust out hand came up. On a 973 flop I had QT86. The SB pushed allin (he just had AA), I just called with a large stack to act behind me. I thought he might try to squeeze if I did this and I had the perfect reshove stack. He did pot it, I pushed, and he had a monster T998. I still had 4 outs to chop and 12 to win. He a decent redraw if I hit though. 6 on the turn for the chop potential, and a 7 on the river for his boat.

In the 2 to 7, I kept fluctuating between 15K and 40K. I never could break out of this range. I missed a lot of good draws and lost a real big hand with 76532 to 76432 (3rd nut to 2nd nut).

BTW, congrats to Mr. Baggageclaim. He cashed in his first foray into a major PLO tourney yesterday in the WCOOP. If it weren't for a semi bad beat to knock him out, he may have made a deep run. I have been giving him advice lately on how I play PLO tourneys, and he has been dominating in the few SNGs he has played.

2 comments:

TheGraveWolf said...

Congrats on your 3 dollars and 18 cents baggageclaim. Don't spend it all in one place.

ps - shuffle up and deal!

GnightMoon said...

Bag pwns.

A Slice of Pi - Life Is Good

Chris Viox