Friday, September 14, 2007

WCOOP

The WCOOP started today, and I meant to write this ahead of time but never got around to it. It is by far my favorite online tournament series. The structures are generally well done, and the variety of events offered is 2nd to none (even PL 5-Card Draw and 2 to 7 Triple Draw are on the schedule). There are a total of 23 events, and I plan on playing possibly all of them (even the 5K HORSE if I continue to do well this month). If I do play them all, 5 cashes would be my target. With the deeper structures, it favors the stronger players. In addition, I feel the non-holdem events favor me.

I have a side bet with TheMasterJ33 for most Pocket Five pts earned during the series on any event we both play (should be in the neighborhood of 17-19). The winner gets 10% of the other's main event action. I think I am a slight favorite in this bet based solely on the non-holdem events which the Master admits he is very weak at. However, he has a history of doing very well in deep stack big online events. They seem to get him to play his best. Hopefully, we both kick some @#$@.

Incidently, I got knocked out of both events today: $200 NLH 6-handed and $200 PL 5 Card Draw. In the NLH, I made a couple mistakes that cost me decent chunks, and I also lost an AA vs KK for 5500 when the avg was about 5K. In the 5CD, I never got anything going, and I will be the first to say it has to be my worst game. With that said, I still think I have an edge on the field.

Tomorrow has two events I am really looking forward to: $200 6-Handed PLO and 2 to 7 Triple Draw. My edge in these two events may be as high as any of the events to come. Most of the field in Triple Draw may be clueless with a few experts mixed in. In the PLO, if I can get a big stack, I will be deadly. Winning that first big pot will be crucial. Wish me luck!

No comments:

A Slice of Pi - Life Is Good

Chris Viox