Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Event #6 - $1500 Omaha H/L

I expected this to be a juicy field with much more prestigious events going on. However, my first table had only 2 or 3 weak spots, and most of the guys knew each other. Fortunately I ran well out of the gate and got up to 4100 from a 3K starting stack at the first break. Early on in level 3 I got up to 5500 before going somewhat cold and siphoning a few chips. I got moved to a new table and went into the second break at 3300. This new table was still above average for this field, but it was definitely softer than the first table. I lost a decent pot on a huge draw to fall to 2100 at the 200/400 level. However, right after this I got a little lucky in a big scooped pot, and then I won another scooped pot the next hand. This took my stack up to over 7k. Most of the good players at my table got eliminated soon after. I chipped up a little more to get to 9700 at the next break going into the 400/800 level. Nothing much happened in the last two levels of the day until the last 30 minutes. I hit a little rush to finish right at 13K. I wish we could have kept playing because this table was real soft by the end of the night. The average is about 13K with about 200 of the 830 remaining. Top 81 cash and hopefully, I can hit a rush to start the day tomorrow.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

I love you and still miss you a lot and a lot - Kiss, Kiss - Ellie

We are cheering you on, Daddy!

JB said...

Keep the positive attitude. The cards will fall your way.

A Slice of Pi - Life Is Good

Chris Viox