Monday, June 16, 2008

Mixed Emotions

To find out what place I got today, all you need to do is refer to the quote on the left surrounding the picture of me. I really felt all day long that I was going to pull it out. I had over half the chips in play at a couple points 3-handed, but unfortunately this one guy repeatedly doubled through me. Only once did we get it in with him as a favorite, and a few times he was drawing very thin. This left a bad taste in my mouth when I got knocked out because he was easily the worst player at the final table. Congrats to Barry G for taking home the bracelet.

I am extremely pleased with my performance in the event. I did make a few mistakes at the final table, although only twice did it potentially cost me. The money was much needed for me because of the cold streak I had been in, but I really wanted that bracelet......

Thanks for all the HOP II guys for sweating me. One of these days one of us will bring the big prize home. Also thanks for all my family supporting/rooting me on back in IL.

5 comments:

GnightMoon said...

I think we decided on "Castle of Pain." HOP II is on the rocks. Well played Pi, get em next time.

Anonymous said...

Well done, dude!!!

I know that finish left a bitter taste but from what I saw, you played amazingly well. You should celebrate!

Unknown said...

I'm super pumped for you! This couldn't have come at a better time. Carry the momentum into the rest of the tourny. Keep playing well and the bling bling will come.

crackaj said...

Great job on the 3rd place finish. Besides the monetary gain, remember you are building confidence for yourself plus credibility with the other players. That cred. may come into play later in the other tourneys.

crackaj said...

Then again, I could be totally B.S.ing to keep your head in the right frame of mind.

A Slice of Pi - Life Is Good

Chris Viox