Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Event #3 - $1500 PL Holdem

Not much to this one. I chipped up to 4500 in the first hour with two well played hands, but then ran into a ridiculous and unavoidable cooler. It folded around to the small blind at the 50/100 level and he completed. I checked my option with T5o. Flop came KT5 and he check called my 100 bet. 5 on the turn, and he check called another 250. On the 9 river, he check-raised my 650 bet to about 1900. I put him allin for another 600 and he called. I knew there was a chance he had K5, but that was the only hand that beats me here. He should never show up with KK, TT, or 99 here. However, 95 and especially QJ are easily possible. Of course he had K5 and I was crippled to 1K. I stayed there for another hour before busting with AK vs JJ vs ATh 3-way allin.

On a crazy note the guy on my left at my starting table had AA, KK, 3 QQ's, 2 JJ's, and TT all in the first 90 minutes or about 45 hands. Eight premium pairs in 45 hands!!! He showed almost all of them, and also said he had 88 77 and AK that he didnt show because he had to muck them to bets on losing hands.

I play today in the $1500 Omaha H/L. The field should be extremely soft.

Two congratulations need to be sent out - 1) to Tom Fuller who played deep into the morning today before falling out of the $1500 NLH tourney in 22nd out of 3900+. 2) to my daughter Ellie for having finished her last day of kindergarten yesterday.

No comments:

A Slice of Pi - Life Is Good

Chris Viox