Saturday, June 21, 2008

Good News/Bad News

Good news - I played one of my best tourneys today. Bad news - It didn't matter.

I busted a guy on the 50/100 in a 4500 pot with AKc vs JJ to get to 6K. My table was ridiculously weak. The 5 players to my left were all tight and extremely predictable. I was in ATC mode when folded to me from the button to the HJ-1 . I chipped up to around 8k and then I busted one of the remaining two decent players in a 4k pot with AK vs AQ. When I saw my table was breaking soon I raised 3 straight pots to end it. At my new table, not much changed. I literally chipped up to 24K without showing down a hand except for calling a very short stack's allin with 44 from the BB. He had KTs and won the coin flip.

Right before dinner, I got moved to my 3rd and 4th tables within 5 minutes. Ten minutes later dinner came and I had 21.5K.

Before the next level started, I had to move to my 5th table. The only player I recognized was Gobboboy. I raised the 1sy hand from the CO with KT and bought the blinds. Two hands later, I got JJ and raised to 1525. A newb to my left RRed to 4500 leaving him 4700. Normally this seems like a monster (specifically AA/KK), but I just didn't think this was the case. I decided to stop-n-go any flop. A93 flop came. Not exactly what I was looking for, but if he has KK or QQ it should work everytime. He called with AQd and held. I picked up all the chips on the next hand with QJc. I raised and the only other big stack at the table called from the BB. He was a very cocky young kid who Gobboboy had said was very agg. Flop came JT4 with 2 diamonds. I checked behind him and he says "good check". 9d on the turn and he immediately starts saying "oooh man that hit me nicely", and I called his 1975 bet. River x and I just called his 3875 bet. He says nut ten. I quietly flip over the winner and he is shocked. He just couldn't believe I would actually check away from top pair. He also said he would have called me if I shoved (lol). I guess I missed some value. 6 hands later I get AK. 2nd pos made it 2k, then a shortie shoved for 4600. I raised it to 9k. Unfortunately the button then instashoved for 15575. The first guy folded, and I was literally sick to my stomach. I had to call 6575 for about a 32K pot. I was virtually certain he had AA or KK obviously. However, I only needed 17% eq. I called and he "luckily" showed KK. The other guy had TT. Incidently my eq turned out to be 25%, but against AA there it only would have been 6%. I still dont know if I should have called. I suppose there was a small chance he had QQ or AK. I mean this is a $1500. Anyway, the board ran out QT899. This knocked me down to 5300. The next hand, one guy limped and I found 88. This was an easy shove. However, the BB ended up calling off about half his stack with AJ. He turned an A and I was out. I thought it was a semi-loose call given his stack size and the danger of the limper maybe having a monster, but maybe he thought I was tilting.

No comments:

A Slice of Pi - Life Is Good

Chris Viox